After 15 years of running, I have learned quite few facts about my running habits. The first, I’m not a morning runner unless I’m doing two a days or the heat is unbearable. Secondly, I will succumb to work fatigue. The solution was right in front of me, run at lunch.
But I had one big concern: without a shower at work, I don’t want to smell.
After searching Amazon and the web, I came up with my post run survival kit that will keep me fresh and clean.
So what is in this magical kit? Let me tell you:
- Action Wipes: These are almost as good as a shower. One wipe can clean all 5’1 of me. They are so good, I sometimes forget I haven’t taken a shower.
- Not your Mother’s dry shampoo: A good dry shampoo can go a long way in restyling your hair and drying up any sweat.
- Deodorant: I have so many tiny deodorants from multiple race packets.
- Back-up make-up: You know you have, the eyeliner that isn’t your favorite color or the blush that just has bit more left. Throw it in a bag in case you need touch-up. Or go bare face, you are who you are with or without mascara.
- Hair supplies: I bring bobbie pins, hair ties and sometimes a headband. A messy bun can look chic and a power pony can always work.
This kit has saved me in other situations too including sudden downpours. I have also found that after a lunch time run, I’m more productive and a bit more focused.
So tell me, what else would you put in your post run survival kit?