I get hungry everyday at 3:00 and if I could I would eat a snickers. I began to bring clif bars everyday to silence my stomach until my evening work out but that began to be a bit expensive. I scoured Pinterest and found this great recipe for Lemon Coconut energy balls. Even better, I had just received a ninja chopper as a wedding gift. After I conquered the lemon version and tested them for those 3:00 hunger pains, I decided to change up the recipe a bit. I adore key lime anything and replacing lemon with lime juice seemed to be the place to start. I also decided to use many items I already had in my pantry. I’m going to warn you I’m no food blogger.
-1 cup of pitted dates
– 1/2 cup of lime juice
– 1/4 cup of Sunflower seeds (no shell)
-1/3 cup of pecans
-1 cup of shredded coconut
– 1/4 cup of graham cracker crumbs
-A dash of cinnamon
-Mini cupcake liners
1. In a food processor or chopper, chop the pecans and sunflower seeds. Place these aside in a bowl.
2. In the food processor or chopper, chop the half the dates with 1/4 cup of lime juice and then repeat with the remainder.
3. Add 1/2 cup of the coconut, the cinnamon and the pecan/sunflower mix back into the chopper with the prunes and lime juice and pulse to mix together.
4. Take the mixture and roll into 1 inch balls (or if you are like me use your 1 inch baller) then roll in the remaining 1/2 cup of coconut and 1/4 cup of graham cracker crumbs.Place in the mini cupcake liners and store in Tupperware in the fridge. These should last about a week if you don’t eat them all first.
As always, comment and share your recipes. You can always reach me on twitter as @carabyrd